Fitbit launch first smartwatch in South Africa
The Core Group has launched Fitbit’s first smartwatch in South Africa. Fitbit Ionic, a cross-platform high-end smartwatch, is available immediately from a variety of retailers across South Africa at a Recommended Retail Price of R5499.
Fitbit Ionic was designed to work seamlessly across all of the prominent platforms – Android, iOS and Windows – making it ideal for users who want to choose their smartwatch independently of their smartphone.
In addition to the usual functionality found in similar high-end devices, Fitbit’s smartwatch has a multi-day battery life (up to 4+ days) and incorporates advanced new technology like the relative SpO2 sensor, for estimating blood oxygen levels, and which opens the potential for tracking important new indicators about a wearer’s health, such as sleep apnea in the future.
“With the launch of Ionic locally, Fitbit solidifies its position as the leading wearables brand in South Africa. We expect it to become the preferred high-end smartwatch for health and fitness aficionados across the country”, according to Cynthia Herdman-Grant, Fitbit Business Development Manager, of Core Group.
Features and Specs
- Personal Coaching: Allows you to access personalised workouts that play on screen and guide you through every move.
- Built-in GPS: Offers a complete performance summary that shows elevation climbed, split times and a map of your route.
- Heart Rate: During workouts, check your real-time heart rate zone to see whether you’re in the Fat Burn, Cardio or Peak zone to optimize your intensity and dial in your effort. Get continuous, automatic heart rate tracking & real-time heart rate zones
- Water-Resistant: Ionic was built water-resistant and with enhanced swim tracking capabilities. Swim Mode will allow you to record your laps, stroke style, calories burned & more.
- Stores Music: Store and play 300+ songs
- Multi-Day Battery: Enjoy a battery life of 4+ days & up to 10 hours while using GPS
- Sleep Stages: Ionic helps you better understand your sleep quality by using PurePulse heart rate to track your time spent in light, deep and REM sleep stages
- Resting Heart Rate: Learn how your cardiovascular health and fitness is progressing by tracking your resting heart rate and following your heart rate trends over time.
- Cardio Fitness Level: Get a better understanding of your cardio fitness level and learn how you can improve over time with a personalized Cardio Fitness Score.
- Works with Bluetooth Headphones: Ionic connects to wireless Bluetooth headphones like Fitbit Flyer so you can hear music & audio coaching on the go.
- Popular Apps: Instantly access call, text and calendar alerts & apps for weather, sports and more.
- Customizable Clock Faces: With unique designs that range from sleek and understated to fun and fitness-focused, there’s an Ionic clock face that fits your style.
Powered by WPeMatico